jueves, 11 de noviembre de 2010

Why I decided to study Obstetrics?... 23/05/2010





When I was about to enter of the University, I had my eye on destistry, but the score in the university selection test was not very high. Between my opsion, I had the Profession of Midwifery.

At first, I did not know it was, then for this reason, I wanted to study midwifery.

Then, I discoveres the important work of midwives and how beautiful their work.


Now, I think this is right for me, because one of the areas that I liked in the lives of humans beings, is the reproduction and sexual transmitted infections. Therefore, is in those areas where I want to focus as a future midwife also include adolescent presnancy as one of my biggest concerns.

One of the things taht shaped my vision of the work of midwives, was a trip I made to the community Lolol sixth region of Chile, where I went to do volunteer work. Here I met other students of obstetrics, somo third and fifth year. They taught me many new things, or in fact unknown to me.

Among them I met Nicole and Sebastian, both fifth year students. I showed the work of midwives, but it makes me part of thir shares or playing with them every one of the things done in the care of a board of midwifery. They taught me to do physical breast exam, taking PAP Tets, to draw blood to babies, to realize vaginal touch examination, among other things.

Now, they are my friends and every time I do not understand something, ask them to be 100% safe and do everythig right.

Today, I am in love with my future career as a midwife, and just want to work hard to become a professional and therefore help to women and and also for future students who may need help and knowledge.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario